Practice Areas :
- Criminal Defense including Juvenile Criminal Defense
- Defense of Individuals where their competency or sanity may be at question
Types of Cases :
- Abuse of or Injury to a Child
- Assault (including aggravated assault and assault-family violence)
- Capital Murder
- Cyber Crimes
- Evading Arrest
- Petitions to Revoke Community Supervision
- Possession of Controlled Substances
- Sexual Assault (including aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault of a child, aggravated SA of a child, and continuous sexual abuse of a child)
- White Collar Offenses
Additional Services Available :
- Filing and management of complaints to TDCJ health services and TDCJ
- Ombudsman Complaints
- Patient Advocacy and Navigation services dealing with local jail or TDCJ Medical systems
- Review and Audit of medical and mental health records pertinent to possible incompetency or insanity claims
For all clients, this firm promises to aggressively pursue the best possible result with every resource available within the bounds of the law.
We wholeheartedly support equality under the law, and will gladly help any person in their search for justice.
Attorney Profile: Thomas Abbate, Jr.
Stephen F. Austin B.A. in Political Science/Pre-Law
South Texas College of Law 2009
Member #24072501 of the Texas State Bar since 2010
Member of the Federal Bar since 2020
Member of the American Bar Association since 2020
Member of the Harris County Lawyer’s Association
As a native Houstonian, Tom Abbate is committed to providing the highest caliber counsel to those facing pending criminal charges, directly attacking a conviction on appeal, or seeking to overturn a criminal conviction, with the ultimate goal of reaching a fair and just result. Tom has written and submitted over one hundred criminal appeals and post-conviction writs of habeas corpus.
Mr. Abbate handles cases in all Texas counties and Federal Districts in the state of Texas.
To learn more about Tom Abbate, visit the practice areas page, or contact him with your questions to arrange a free initial consultation to personally discuss your legal matter.
713.223.0404 | Free Consultation
2323 S Voss, Ste. 360, Houston, Texas 77057